• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

if you had opportunity to start again what mistakes would you avoid ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you had opportunity to start again what mistakes would you avoid ?

if times goes back by 5,10 or 15 years and you get another chance to start your contracting life, what is it that you would avoid or do diffrently ?

thanks for sharing your experience

Originally posted by calacik View Post
    if times goes back by 5,10 or 15 years and you get another chance to start your contracting life, what is it that you would avoid or do diffrently ?

Cut agents out of the loop ten years before I did. Go direct.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I would avoid giving advice to newbs on anonymous forums, unless they paid or let me sh@g them

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Take water with my whisky.

But I always knew who I shouldn't get drunk with if I wanted to keep my contract.

Which was a better solution I suppose.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'd have bought more houses, avoided the stock market and had more drugs, alcohol & hookers though.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I would forget my marriage vows and knob every bit of totty perm/co-worker/female agent that crossed my path

HTH
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Oh plus I would have never created a user profile on CUK.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I would never have trusted my permie managers to do right by the staff.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I would avoid giving advice to newbs on anonymous forums, unless they paid or let me sh@g them

I aint that strange , im your next door neighbour!! why dont u come over now and knock on the door? waiting for u ...

Comment

I aint that strange , im your next door neighbour!! why dont u come over now and knock on the door? waiting for u ...
                    Feck off. I'm his wife. Possibly.

Comment

Working...
                    X