• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things you don't need

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you don't need

I went to the science museum with my boy the other day. In the shop they had some cheap but fairly crappy looking microscopes, and I quite fancy a microscope that will let me connect my camera to it, so I thought "I could do better than that" and decided to investigate microscopes.

The entry level models from Zeiss, Leica, Nikon or Olympus all look very nice but they will set you back a grand or two, which is a bit much for an impulse buy.

I'm thinking one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bresser-Rese...6019317&sr=8-9

or these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Apex-Exp...6019646&sr=1-9

is a bit more realistic.

Any tips?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I'll swap you a microscope for a power breather thingummy.

Comment

What sort of microscope? I want a good one that will let me take photos of stuff. They seem to cost ~ £2000 which is certainly worth a powerbreathe thing.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I've got one of the Veho USB microscope.
        Works a treat and great for creating scary pictures of ticks the dogs bring back from walks or lice the kids bring back from school. Ugly little blighters (the ticks and lice that is, my kids take after me).

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          What sort of microscope? I want a good one that will let me take photos of stuff. They seem to cost ~ £2000 which is certainly worth a powerbreathe thing.
          Mine didn't cost quite that. I sold all my toys and bought it with the proceeds when I was about 10. But I have got a box full of slides of diseases that was given to me by a mate's mum who worked in a hospital lab. My favourite is labelled 'elephantitis' although the slide itself is pretty unexciting.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Mine didn't cost quite that. I sold all my toys and bought it with the proceeds when I was about 10. But I have got a box full of slides of diseases that was given to me by a mate's mum who worked in a hospital lab. My favourite is labelled 'elephantitis' although the slide itself is pretty unexciting.
            That's impressive dedication, although I can't help thinking those slides would put the H&S mob in a tizz.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              That's impressive dedication, although I can't help thinking those slides would put the H&S mob in a tizz.
              I often wondered if you could catch anything from them. I don't think I'll try and find out.

Comment

We've got an Intel QX3 hanging around somehwere which was quite good, bogies were fun...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X