• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Up the Monument.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up the Monument.

Just done the 311 steps up the Monument near Bank. It was nice knowing you all. :-)
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

Just done the 311 steps up the Monument near Bank. It was nice knowing you all. :-)
    I once climbed the stairs at Hampstead tube station.

God that was knackering, and the dust (human skin?!) was about half an inch thick. Can't have been swept for decades.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I once climbed the stairs at Hampstead tube station.

God that was knackering, and the dust (human skin?!) was about half an inch thick. Can't have been swept for decades.
      I believe household dust is 80% human skin. But on the underground it is probably rodent skin.

HTH

Comment

After I went up the monument I went up the oxo tower. Now that was painful.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          After I went up the monument I went up the oxo tower. Now that was painful.
          Funnily enough that was the exact same words that Charlie Gilmour said after he was locked down in the cell with Bubba "let's play mummies and daddies" Knuckledragger.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I keep meaning to go up there. Is the view good?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I can confirm there is a real ale bar at the top. Want to go up now?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I can confirm there is a real ale bar at the top. Want to go up now?
                Excellent!

Comment

I'd like to help. but my eyes were watering

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I presume we are talking about the Monument and yes the view is quite impressive for a building that is slowly being surrounded by taller buildings.

Must have been amazing in it's early days.

Sorry to let you down but there is no bar.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X