• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any tips for shoulder pain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips for shoulder pain?

I put my shoulder out last week, and it's been bloody agony. So far, I've tried: warm bath, Ibuprofen, a hot water bottle and sleeping without a pillow. Next up it's Tramadol and Spiced Rum, possibly at the same time, unless any of you lot have some old wives remedies you can recommend? First person that references the supposed healing powers of bodily fluids of any kind gets a slap with my 'good arm'.

I like a good slap. Have you tried bodily fluids?

Maybe you should visit a doctor and see what is wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I like a good slap. Have you tried bodily fluids?

Maybe you should visit a doctor and see what is wrong?
      I don't like bothering the doc unless it's really serious. I had the same thing last year, when I put my back out for four months. I did eventually go to the doc that time, but there wasn't much they could do: chiropractic services aren't provided on the NHS any more, and even when I went to see a private chiropractor I felt he was a bit of a charlatan.

Last time, Ibuprofen helped. This time, unfortunately, not so much.

Comment

BioFreeze will help with the pain and its better than popping pain killer all the time.

You can get it from boots ~ 9.99

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          BioFreeze will help with the pain and its better than popping pain killer all the time.

You can get it from boots ~ 9.99
          Ta, that sounds good. I just had a quick read up on it, though, and unfortunately it contains Aloe, which I'm allergic to. Damn.

Comment

I find bashing your shoulder into something sharp does the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
              Ta, that sounds good. I just had a quick read up on it, though, and unfortunately it contains Aloe, which I'm allergic to. Damn.
              get "deep freeze" instead

Cold is the new hot

Comment

It's likely you've thrown some muscle or other out of whack.

Find a sports masseuse / physio - they are likely to be able to diagnose what's wrong, and what's caused it as well as be able to advise on any techniques/exercises to prevent recurrence.

Costs about £50 a session (hour ish)

Edit: failing that, co-codamol is brilliant.
                Last edited by Moscow Mule; 27 August 2012, 19:18.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                  I put my shoulder out last week, and it's been bloody agony. So far, I've tried: warm bath, Ibuprofen, a hot water bottle and sleeping without a pillow. Next up it's Tramadol and Spiced Rum, possibly at the same time, unless any of you lot have some old wives remedies you can recommend? First person that references the supposed healing powers of bodily fluids of any kind gets a slap with my 'good arm'.
                  If it's the same as I often do, putting on some biking leathers or a rucksuck too quickly and pulling the muscle behind my shoulder blade, it either goes after a few days or more expeditiously, a full back and neck massage.

Apart from that, a good soaking in single malt whisky. Not the shoulder.
                  Last edited by hyperD; 27 August 2012, 19:17.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

finger
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X