• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Osteopath vs. Chiropractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osteopath vs. Chiropractor

Not wishing to hijack Gentile's thread...

what are your experiences?

Years ago, I had a bad back for ages. The osteo was great at relieving me of money each week for many weeks but I can't honestly say it made much difference to my poorly back. In the end a sports physio got me fixed.

Cliphead's story in the other thread is compelling re., Chiropractors.

Any other anecdotes?

I've visited an osteopath several times as has my wife.

They also do sports massage and sorted out the tear in my wifes calf, my back a couple of times. So the one I attend is a mixture of both

Comment

I tried chiropractors and osteopaths for a few years, must have spent £1000's trying to repair my back. My friend is a broadcast engineer who mainly does tennis and recommended a sports therapist who looks after all the tennis players. I went to see him, he made me do all these stretches and watched, then came to the conclusion my problem actually stemmed from my leg, he massaged my leg and found a massive knot, i never felt pain like i felt then, but he twisted the knot and the back pain has gone. I can now play golf, push heavy weights in the gym and now have good posture.

Comment

I was royally ripped off for many years by a chiropractor who charged me loads but I have a friend who is a NHS Physio and he has helped my back immensely.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
          I tried chiropractors and osteopaths for a few years, must have spent £1000's trying to repair my back. My friend is a broadcast engineer who mainly does tennis and recommended a sports therapist who looks after all the tennis players. I went to see him, he made me do all these stretches and watched, then came to the conclusion my problem actually stemmed from my leg, he massaged my leg and found a massive knot, i never felt pain like i felt then, but he twisted the knot and the back pain has gone. I can now play golf, push heavy weights in the gym and now have good posture.
          WHS. In the past had the best success with physio - often the pain isn't coming from where you think it is. Currently had back problems for last couple of years - chiro not helped on this occasion, so might give physio another go. Expensive though.

Edit: should add that it was a sports physio I went to see.

Comment

both are twaddle and nonsense relying on bulltulip and natural history of the condition to milk you of cash. That they're still allowed to practice is an embarrassment to medicine tbh. HTH

Comment

The chiropracter I mentioned helped me and more than a few well known footballers and boxers. I took a friend who had a very bad back injury from a fall, he'd been seeing doc's physio's etc for years and when the pain became too bad and he couldn't walk morphine injections, he'd be off work for weeks.

The first time I took him over he could barely walk and I struggled to even get him to the car, after two hours with the chiro he was running up and down his stairs. It took another few sessions and he's mostly sorted.

I think it's rare to find a chiro like the guy I found, many I'm guessing are just chancers out to make as much money as possible.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Never had any success with a chiropractor, almost always had good results from physio.

Your mileage may vary.
                You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Didn't Simon Singh, the science writer, win his libel case when sued by the Chiropractic assoc. as he claimed their claims were bogus?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Didn't Simon Singh, the science writer, win his libel case when sued by the Chiropractic assoc. as he claimed their claims were bogus?
                    I vaguely remember reading something in the Guardians "Bad Science" column that Chiropractors aren't worth the money and there is no scientific proof that it actually works. In some cases it can actually be harmful.

Comment

Working...
                    X