• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JPMC/Comsys late payment this month

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPMC/Comsys late payment this month

Does anyone know what the story is with JPMC payment this month. I'm there through comsys, who i think place most contractors in JPMC. Not only are their payment terms appalling (paid monthy, 3 weeks after the end of the month) but this month (which is Julys payment) hasn't come yet. Got an email on thursday @ 5pm to say wouldn't be paying due to 'issues', another email friday @4pm saying 'nope not today either, we'll endeavour to pay you on tuesday'. Technical FU or what? they are of course not answering emails or phone calls about it.

Is it the first time this has happened or is this an ongoing saga?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

First time for me in the last 18 months, not that it is too drastic as I am out of here in 2 weeks.

They are due to be processing it today, allegedly.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Yup first time this has happened. As far as payment is concerned they will 'endeavour' to pay today. The whole relaxed attitude is really pissing me off, no sense of urgency or apology. It would be the one month i have other business i need the money for....

Wonder how much interest they'll make from hanging on to our money for 4/5 days longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Meerkat View Post
          Yup first time this has happened. As far as payment is concerned they will 'endeavour' to pay today. The whole relaxed attitude is really pissing me off, no sense of urgency or apology. It would be the one month i have other business i need the money for....

Wonder how much interest they'll make from hanging on to our money for 4/5 days longer.
          tulip happens sometimes, look at the RBS debarcle recently. I would keep mailing them daily but sometimes there is a genuine reason there are hiccups. I really don't think keeping your money 4/5 days is really going to make an impact on their interest and I am certain this is not the reason they are doing it. If you are that bothered about it charge them interest on the late payment.

Do you run your finances so tightly that a 3 day delay makes such a mess? Will your warchest not tide you over for a couple of days?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just spoke to Comsys and it was some mess up on JP side allegedly, whereby the person required to sign off on Comsys payment was away and there was no proxy to do it instead.

If you want your money asap, ring them and ask to be put on the CHAPS payment list which is due to go out at 1p.m.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Mine is in my account.
              Last edited by Scrag Meister; 29 August 2012, 11:57.

Comment

Update :
                Got an email yesterday and the money arrived in my account.
                Got an email today as well. , Just waiting to see if they pay me again, I somehow think not.

Comment

Working...
                X