• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lib Dems prove once again they are not fit to govern

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lib Dems prove once again they are not fit to govern

Why did I vote for them?

Nick Clegg demands an emergency tax on the rich to cope with downturn - Telegraph

The problem is the rich will just go abroad - taking jobs with them. Until a way can be found round that the idea is a non starter.

However the property tax is a great idea. Anything over £500k. Why not stick with that?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    However the property tax is a great idea. Anything over £500k. Why not stick with that?
    I already paid over £30k in tax just to move - it's called Stamp Duty.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

It's all about tokenism. i.e. if you tax the rich with a small insignificant tax then this gives you carte blanche to clamp down on the "great unwashed", raise the retirement age to 91, cut holiday entitlement to 3 days, go back to the 6 day working week and cut out all that "nice to have" expensive healthcare such as heart bypasses etc. You see you can claim it's all balanced out with a wealth tax.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        I already paid over £30k in tax just to move - it's called Stamp Duty.
        So you house was £750k? Okay - lets make the threshold 751k so you are exempt......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          So you house was £750k? Okay - lets make the threshold 751k so you are exempt......
          You see my point though? How much tax is enough considering that I'd already paid tax on that 30k at 40%?

We pay TOO much tax and if they want to collect more tax then lower the tax rates - not raise them.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            if they want to collect more tax then lower the tax rates - not raise them.
            But look what happened when the top rate reduced from 50% to 45% ... rich Tories looking after each other, said the press and the people, not smart Tories raise tax revenues

Comment

The Lib Dems are a joke party really and the coalition is ridiculous - blame Scotchland.

Land value tax is something that should be tried i think. Ideally eliminate all other taxes in place of it.

Comment

I propose a one off wealth tax. 20% of wealth excluding primary home, pension fund and isas.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Given that all this money printing is going to result in people with assests getting relatively richer, it's possibly not a bad idea to tax property.

What a mess this country is in.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post

What a mess the western WORLD is in.
                    HTH.

Comment

Working...
                    X