• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is your job so easy a 12 year old could do it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your job so easy a 12 year old could do it?

be honest...

Twelve-Year-Old Programmers Help Fuel IPhone Game Frenzy: Tech - Bloomberg
    I'm alright Jack

If he had started my job at the age of 6 and already have achieved an A level in Maths, then yes.

Comment

“I really want to be a computer programmer and build my own codes for a living,”
      He's certainly got the language skills to fit into a modern IT development team
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        What, English?

He's finished before he's even started...

Poor kid.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
          What, English?

He's finished before he's even started...

Poor kid.
          Whooooosh
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

My job mostly involves being shouted at by traders and putting up with a horrific commute.

I reckon 12 year olds would fail on both counts.

Comment

While you may think this is a bobism it actually originates in scientific computing where it's quite common to refer to programs as "codes"

Originally posted by CEO of NAG Group
              Very few codes scale to thousands of processors today or are being aimed at this level of scalability. If current development timeframes continue, the majority of ISV codes will not be able to take full advantage of petascale systems until three to five years after they are introduced.”
              Are You Ready For Multi-Multi-Core Systems? | Numerical Algorithms Group
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                My job mostly involves being shouted at by traders and putting up with a horrific commute.

I reckon 12 year olds would fail on both counts.
                So not much real work getting done then?

Comment

Working...
                X