• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thug handcuffed a trick-or-treat prankster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thug handcuffed a trick-or-treat prankster

A lorry driver who handcuffed a teenage trick-or-treater to his washing line and stuck a lit firework between his buttocks has been jailed.

Stephen Gregory, 54, pulled down the terrified teenager's trousers and whipped him with a cane and a riding crop, before lighting the banger to terrify the teenager last Halloween.

The firework was removed before it went off and the victim was then attached to Gregory's washing line with a pair of toy handcuffs in front of laughing onlookers.

Gregory admitted two counts of kidnap and two of assault causing actual bodily harm at Derby Crown Court on Monday.

The court heard Gregory flipped after the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was playing 'knock and run' with his friends and had knocked on his door in Smalley, Derbyshire, three times on October 31 last year.

Jailing him for 14 months , Judge Michael Cullum said: 'This is about a somewhat bizarre and extreme example of horseplay.
    • Is he really a thug or was that a proportionate response? (whipping might be a bit extreme)
    • Will the teenager do it again?
    • Will the teenagers friends think twice before pulling similar stunts?

Linky
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

The teenager and his mates will certainly learn to run faster.

But a whipping for knocking on a door and running away? I am off to knock on Dallas's door now......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      The teenager and his mates will certainly learn to run faster.

But a whipping for knocking on a door and running away? I am off to knock on Dallas's door now......
      Don't forget - run slower than Dallas

Comment

No way should he be jailed. Completely reasonable behaviour.

I recently had a couple of girls mouth off to me when I was driving the car. I was forced to stop, remonstrate with them before bundling them into the back of my boot and driving off to a remote spot. They'll never find them.

MF in 'Xenophon' Mode.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

"Trick or Treat"

The kid got a Trick, fairplay in my book.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            "Trick or Treat"

The kid got a Trick, fairplay in my book.
            Depends - he may see it is a treat dependent on which bus he is on

Comment

Working...
            X