• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dire Rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dire Rates

Looking at next contract and I think there is a real battle on this year getting the right day rates.

Thought I would just put up a quick poll to see how everyone else is getting on
    500 plus
    17.57%
    400 - 500
    22.97%
    300 - 400
    27.03%
    200 - 300
    20.27%
    100 - 200
    12.16%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Bitbucket; 13 June 2006, 02:08.

Including expenses?

Comment

dunnit depend what the skills are ?

look at all those doing .Net they're on 600 quid a day like Dimprawn

Milan.

Comment

I've always thought Dire Straights were overrated.

HTH

Comment

Good poll, Bitbucket. Interesting to see the results.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Interesting to see a lot of people on the same sh*t rate I'm on.

I reckon in general, it's banks in the City or tulip rates, with a smattering of rip-off merchants in the public sector. The thing that puts me off the City (presuming I could fluke my way in there) is the long hours, so all in all, you end up a tulip rate there too because you divide the daily rate by 12, and end up paying sheds more for a flat, overpriced beer and council tax.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates

I reckon in general, it's banks in the City or tulip rates, with a smattering of rip-off merchants in the public sector. The thing that puts me off the City (presuming I could fluke my way in there) is the long hours, so all in all, you end up a tulip rate there too because you divide the daily rate by 12, and end up paying sheds more for a flat, overpriced beer and council tax.
              Better night life though.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates

I work for an Investment bank in the tulipty and hours are cool 9 -5, saying that the traders are doing long hrs, management 12 hrs+ so depends what role ure doing. It's pretty cruisy job, but I guess I am lucky. U don't have to live in London u can live in one of the commuter towns, where rent is cheaper. Beer is overpriced, but I normally buy a six pack of warm stella from the bottlo b4 I go out so I'm already half-cut, nice n cheap. Like being back in uni.

Comment

I have looked at Bank/Finance house jobs but the interviewers put me off straight away , they are just sooo patronising.

Comments like the complete Knob that I spoke to today saying "Were only looking for the best"

They did offer me the position but on 425 per day in Central London Im wondering if thats worth it , rent there is a grand a month for a decent flat.

I dont think it just depends on skill , it depends on the business sector as well , I have seen .Net jobs advertised between 250 and 600 per day , but its hard to get an hourly rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitbucket
                    I have looked at Bank/Finance house jobs but the interviers put me off straight away , they are just sooo patronising.

Comments like the complete Knob that I spoke to today saying "Were only looking for the best"

They did offer me the position but on 425 per day in Central London Im wondering if thats worth it , rent there is a grand a month for a decent flat.

I dont think it just depends on skill , it depends on the business sector as well , I have seen .Net jobs advertised between 250 and 600 per day , but its hard to get an hourly rate.
                    Yeah I'm daily on £400 and I pay just over 1000 a month for a nice place and still save plenty.

Comment

Working...
                    X