• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paralympics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paralympics

Haven't watched the opening ceremony - did flick over, but they were on 'Malaysia' so figure they've stilll got some way to go.

Hoping I get into it, but not sure - can you ever judge the athletes as equals, with differing handicaps?

The whole thing is some horrendous PC exercise.

Comment

Some of the sports look good - wheelchair basketball is pretty well established, and the rugby looks crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Haven't watched the opening ceremony - did flick over, but they were on 'Malaysia' so figure they've stilll got some way to go.

Hoping I get into it, but not sure - can you ever judge the athletes as equals, with differing handicaps?

at peru now, going to be a slow burner

funny when the germans came on, both commentators taking the mickey out of the pink jackets - then quickly backtracking to avoid offence. How many times will this happen me-wonders,

almost worth bringing linekar back on

Comment

Competitors are streamed according to their disability to stop someone with an extra finger competing against an athlete who has to blink their way round the track

It does mean that some events have a lot more medals though - i think swimming has 3 times as many medals available than the regular olympics
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
            Watch it on the TV instead then
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Girl at work has got bro in some boating event, so will tune in for that.

Ah, we're on South Africa now - go Oscar!

Comment

Some of the sports look good - wheelchair basketball is pretty well established, and the rugby looks crazy.
                The wheelchair rugby is nicknamed MurderBall. With a name like that, how can you not watch it?

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                  Seeing as it was started in the late 40's before PC was even conceived I think you're talking out of your misogynistic arse....
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Seeing as it was started in the late 40's before PC was even conceived I think you're talking out of your misogynistic arse....
                    What you fail to understand is that Robby has decided to become the new CUK troll, his life being as dull and boring as it is.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X