• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!!!! ish....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!!!! ish....

My contract finished on the 15th Sept with clientco. It was always an unwritten clause that I would be extended. Had a quick chat with the VP who hired me and is a mate.

HR want me to do 3 months extensions, so I'll do another to end of December. Boomed! To be honest MF, you've got a job here for life when do you want to move over. Then a lenghtly discussion about L1/H1 visas. Then a discussion about new org structure.

Having been hired with a mate(who quit last week), I was immediately placed into a structure reporting to him. He was a little embarrassed by it, but he was perm, I'm a contractor. When he quit, we were interviewing for a business analyst, and so after some discussion we decided to ring up another ex-colleague who had been our junior BA at a previous company in the US & we'd become good friends. He's done well and become more senior and when my mate quit, it was decided that he would take over some of his reponsibilities when he starts next week....

Lo and behold, I now report to my old junior Business Analyst.

Oh well. Keep invoicing I suppose.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

too many words. But congrats-ish.

Comment

Well done on the extension!

But the other guff about your life, why would you think we give a toss?

Comment

It's a funny / awkward situation but it happens more often than not. Someone in a junior role suddenly turns out to be the guy hiring you for the next gig. Treat everyone with respect!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Suity style stuff and Keep invoicing I suppose.
          for the last four words.

Meh for the rest

Comment

Awesome
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Are you getting pished to celebrate?

Comment

My contract finished on the 15th Sept...
                I'm confused (easily done these days). September last year? Or you meant another month?
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I'm surprised you have time to get any work done after writing this fiction all the time.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X