• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pwned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pwned

Rise in foreign landlords is 'crowding out first-time buyers’ - Telegraph

I wondered if this might happen, especially with a weak pound and good tax breaks on property.

Not only will all the utilities be foreign owned but the majority of our housing and land.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Rise in foreign landlords is 'crowding out first-time buyers’ - Telegraph

I wondered if this might happen, especially with a weak pound and good tax breaks on property.

Not only will all the utilities be foreign owned but the majority of our housing and land.
    It's more to do with the high yields now on offer, especially in London.
    If you can get 6.5% that's better than most other investments.
    I wouldn't worry about them being foreigners, when there's better places to invest they'll move on.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Its time to introduce a tax on rich foreigners buying up property in UK. Rich oil sheiks from Gulf are really distorting the prices of property in London.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        It's more to do with the high yields now on offer, especially in London.
        rents have been dropping recently in Central and West London. Nowt to do with yields. just chasing existing gains and inflating the bubble.

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Its time to introduce a tax on rich foreigners buying up property in UK. Rich oil sheiks from Gulf are really distorting the prices of property in London.
        Why just foreigners? Why not tax on property over £500k?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          rents have been dropping recently in Central and West London.
          Not where my BTL is. I will be looking to raise in 6 months.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

So you want to tax the middle class even more? A £500k property is about average in London.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Not where my BTL is. I will be looking to raise in 6 months.
              How do you know what will happen in 6 months? What has happened in central London could spread. Or it may not.

So you want to tax the middle class even more? A £500k property is about average in London.
              I am concerned that alot of rich people seem to pay little tax. Property is easier to tax.

Comment

It'd be better to fix the system, not ignore people avoiding tax and add new taxes on top.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

rents have been dropping recently in Central and West London. Nowt to do with yields. just chasing existing gains and inflating the bubble.

Stamp duty is a tax in some sense. So why more on top of that ?
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Stamp duty is a tax in some sense. So why more on top of that ?
                    Agreed. I propose something on top. Effectively a form of income tax. But I believe it will be fairer as harder to avoid.

Comment

Working...
                    X