• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Costa: Bloody sick of the sight of them.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa: Bloody sick of the sight of them.

Has anyone else noticed the rapid growth of this bloody chain, their machines are everywhere.

Tuesday:

5:30 am - called at local garage - Costa machine. (used to be 'Just Love Coffee)

10:00 am - at work, went to canteen - Costa machine installed,.

12:30 pm - on motorway - at services Costa cafe and machines - no other choice. (Coffee nation with extra shot was a lot better)

14:30 pm - at hospital - went to cafe - yes another bloody costa machine!!!!

They are also incapable of making a reasonable cappuccino, I usually end up with a cafe latte with a smear of foam or they haven't cleaned the used grounds out or they've overheated it.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Costa and the other chains are a convenience, they are better than most but when I am back home I go to La Bottega Milanese
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Agreed they are everywhere. We went to a local cinema and there is now a costa inside.

Comment

Even our Tesco has one. Go there for a cheap breakfast and the coffee costs more than the meal.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Well, perhaps you'd all prefer going back to the days when a cup of coffee consisted of supermarket own brand instant mixed with milk warmed by expression of steam from a crusty nozzle.

All served in a filthy mug, the cracks and chips of which were harbouring the diseases of the unsavoury character who was always playing on the fruitees.

Comment

A percolator is hardly hi-tech.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Generally I find adding an extra shot raises the standards of most of these so called "coffee chains".
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Costa coffee are the best. I preferred them over starbucks and every other coffee shop long before they became so big. They make the coffee good only in their proper shops (rather than the machine ones or the places just using the brand).

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  Costa coffee are the best. I preferred them over starbucks and every other coffee shop long before they became so big. They make the coffee good only in their proper shops (rather than the machine ones or the places just using the brand).
                  See, that deserves some +ve so here....

Oh.. hang on..

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NorthWestPerm2Contr again.
                  Never mind. Back to business as usual I guess
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    See, that deserves some +ve so here....

Oh.. hang on..

Never mind. Back to business as usual I guess
                    It's ok, I don't think I would be able to cope with a +ve from you.

Comment

Working...
                    X