• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This'll scare Brillopad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This'll scare Brillopad

Camera mounted on handlebars for Milan San Remo Gran Fondo;

I have to admit it makes me a bit apprehensive, especially when you see cars coming the other way. But I shall not be discouraged!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

I have to admit it makes me a bit apprehensive, especially when you see cars coming the other way. But I shall not be discouraged!
    Phew! I thought it was that video of me and Andyw's mum.

Scary stuff indeed. And you have to climb to the top of that hill first.

Comment

I wonder how fast they're going. My max was 40mph coming down Ditchiling Beacon and I was tulipting it. I suspect they're going a lot faster.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Scary stuff indeed. And you have to climb to the top of that hill first.
      WHS - any hill that takes 13 minutes to cycle down is gonna be hard to get up.

On a practical note - what do the cyclists do with repair kits / pumps etc?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

You can carry an inner tube and a little cannister of CO2 in a tiny bag under the saddle or wait for a commercial support vehicle to come past and sell you a tube or a wheel.

Anyway, they're probably above 50 mph and maybe even over 60 in some places. It's all fine until you have to hit the brakes; brake hard at that speed and your rear tyre will probably last a few seconds before you wear through it.
        Last edited by Mich the Tester; 30 August 2012, 17:33.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Are there not Halfords every mile on these courses?

At my race I had a spare inner tube in my bag. If I had a puncture I would have had to wheel bike back to start, fix it (begged audience to help) then repeat lap.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Are there not Halfords every mile on these courses?

At my race I had a spare inner tube in my bag. If I had a puncture I would have had to wheel bike back to start, fix it (begged audience to help) then repeat lap.
            I understood Mavic have a car driving round extorting large sums of money from people for very expensive wheels. I certainly hope they're 'magic wheels' at the price.

Comment

I understood Mavic have a car driving round extorting large sums of money from people for very expensive wheels. I certainly hope they're 'magic wheels' at the price.

did you see in one of the early stages of the tdf - one rider had a bike malfunction, the support car stopped, handed the defunct bike to a spectator to hold (I think he was in yfronts??) gave the rider the new bike then drove off ... leaving a 10k+ bike with the spectator

pays to watch!!

Brillo - forgot to show you how to do your own - its a wonder you got this far

Anyone watch sky atlantic last night - Team Sky in Mallorca doing Sa Callobra (typo?) makes this look like a walk in the park. Apparently filmed there 2 days before I was there - doh!!!

happy friday peeps

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                Brillo - forgot to show you how to do your own - its a wonder you got this far
                You had to sort out my race number for me! How an earth am I going to do a puncture?

Comment

Working...
                X