• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How is this proportional and fair?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is this proportional and fair?

We have a veteran of a nasty conflict retaliating to this horrible crime:

BBC News - Man guilty of burning poppies at Armistice Day protest (50 quid fine)

""The two-minute chanting, when others were observing a silence, followed by a burning of the symbol of remembrance was a calculated and deliberate insult to the dead and those who mourn or remember them."

Falklands vet , puts a pigs head outside a mosque and gets 4 months....

BBC News - Pig's head at Cheltenham mosque: Simon Parkes jailed

I'm as left as they come and am scratching my head here.... Despite him looking pretty rough, he's a veteran whos put his own life on the line for our country and beliefs....

There's been a noticeable encroachment on freedom of expression recently.

We've seen it with the Twitter jail sentences.

I'm going to blame the Tories.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

BBC News - Man guilty of burning poppies at Armistice Day protest (50 quid fine)

""The two-minute chanting, when others were observing a silence, followed by a burning of the symbol of remembrance was a calculated and deliberate insult to the dead and those who mourn or remember them."

I'm as left as they come and am scratching my head here.... Despite him looking pretty rough, he's a veteran whos put his own life on the line for our country and beliefs....
      You may be of the left but you have not, as yet, been subsumed by the Collective. That's why you're scratching your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

Yep, all a bit skewed.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          Don't, blame the do-gooders and liberals who are afraid to say boo to a muslim for fear of being judged intolerant, and who likewise clobber anyone who does dare.

Comment

There's been a noticeable encroachment on freedom of expression recently.

We've seen it with the Twitter jail sentences.

Is criminal damage freedom of expression?
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              No, and that looks to me to be the only obvious difference between those two varieties of confused individual.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                What was criminally damaged?

I didn't read the articles.

Comment

What was criminally damaged?

I didn't read the articles.
                  The bloke who put the pig's head in the mosque also sprayed graffiti around the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    The bloke who put the pig's head in the mosque also sprayed graffiti around the place.
                    Ok, then yes, that is a criminal offense.

Comment

Working...
                    X