• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple IP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple IP

My pocket diary, made from dead trees, has the shape of a rectangle with rounded corners. Surely that belongs to Apple? The maker of my diary should be driven by expensive lawsuits to go out and innovate their own shape of diary.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    My pocket diary, made from dead trees, has the shape of a rectangle with rounded corners. Surely that belongs to Apple? The maker of my diary should be driven by expensive lawsuits to go out and innovate their own shape of diary.
    That would be funnier if Apple had ever tried to claim any kind of IP in rectangles with rounded corners, but of course they haven't, and if they ever did no court would support them.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      That would be funnier if Apple had ever tried to claim any kind of IP in rectangles with rounded corners, but of course they haven't, and if they ever did no court would support them.
      Like this one for a rectangular flat device with a screen on one side...

Interesting article...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I see The Beatles are on iTunes now.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
        X