• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Sector nonsense

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Sector nonsense

I just started a gig with the NHS, but now I am hearing about this 6 month £220 per day crap the government is trying to pull. Guess who will not be renewing come 6 months. Do government bods even think through things like this when they go for vote winners.

I don't think porters will be geting anything near 220.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
      I just started a gig with the NHS, but now I am hearing about this 6 month £220 per day crap the government is trying to pull. Guess who will not be renewing come 6 months. Do government bods even think through things like this when they go for vote winners.
      Could be worse. You could be on the bench.

Worse for you but I'd be laughing.
      Last edited by SupremeSpod; 31 August 2012, 11:17.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
        They won't offer you a renewal.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I read somwhere that in a few years that the numbers of people working for themselves will soon be bigger than the number employed by the state. Yet parties will try and get the public sector vote while shafting another big sector of the population.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
            I read somwhere that in a few years that the numbers of people working for themselves will soon be bigger than the number employed by the state. Yet parties will try and get the public sector vote while shafting another big sector of the population.

What if Labour start hiring for the state and paying much more than what people working for themselves can earn ? Along with generous pension, generous holidays, promotion every year etc etc ?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

The public sector are starting to take on bobs now in some numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                They won't offer you a renewal.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

KUATB will you.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Blimey - it took NLUK 2 hours to pick up on this one - he must be slipping or his good lady has him doing the dishes.

Comment

Working...
                    X