• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Lie - New Incompetence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Lie - New Incompetence

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5074124.stm

Thousands of immigrants have received tax credits they were not entitled to, BBC News has learned.
    Officials decided they did not need to prove they were eligible. All they needed to make a claim was a national insurance (NI) number.

But on 1 June it emerged that thousands of workers suspected of being illegal immigrants were given NI numbers.

Between April 2003 and December 2004, 2,700 families were wrongly paid credits by the Inland Revenue.

The credits each could have been worth more than £10,000 in some cases.

Overpayments to families have averaged £1,000 a year so if all the 2,700 families had claimed for the whole of this time it would amount to millions.

No wonder they are flooding here in their millions. Get an NI number, get £10K each in tax credits they never paid in the 1st place.

What a country.

It's only fair.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

That's my bloody money!

Comment

It ain't mine!!!

F in "Belgique" mode
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Working...
        X