• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help with question for famous author

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with question for famous author

On Tuesday Lee Child (author of the Jack Reacher book series) is at Waterstones in Leadenhall market. Tom Cruise stars in the film Jack Reacher based on the books - out in December.

He has kindly agreed to meet my autistic son at the start - my son has a doctor's letter stating that he cannot tolerate queueing.

I would like my son to ask Lee a sensible question - so far he has not come up with anything better then stuff frequently asked Author Lee Child: Jack Reacher Novels .

Anyone got any suggestions? And Lee is not thinking of joining cuk so none of the usual stuff please.

So that precludes radiators, gladiators, chutney spoons and AndyW.

What else is there ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Take your bike:

'Do you know how to repair a puncture?'

Comment

Why Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? The character in the books is nothing like Tom Cruise....
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

How is Tom Cruise at 5'7" going to play Jack Reacher at 6'5"?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            On Tuesday Lee Child (author of the Jack Reacher book series) is at Waterstones in Leadenhall market. Tom Cruise stars in the film Jack Reacher based on the books - out in December.

He has kindly agreed to meet my autistic son at the start - my son has a doctor's letter stating that he cannot tolerate queueing.

I would like my son to ask Lee a sensible question - so far he has not come up with anything better then stuff frequently asked Author Lee Child: Jack Reacher Novels .

Anyone got any suggestions? And Lee is not thinking of joining cuk so none of the usual stuff please.
            Having just done some thorough research (I read the first paragraph of the "Jack Reacher" and "Lee Child" articles on Wikipedia), I feel I am now in a position to assist. The character in question seems to be something of a sleuth with a military background. I'm thinking X Files. That (almost certainly not) being the case, how about:
            "If an alien broke into your house, and you shot and killed it, then it all turned out it was a dreadful mistake, could you be tried for murder or would animal cruelty be the appropriate offence given that it wouldn't actually be human?"

Whilst he's looking confused, shove a book into his hands and ask him to sign it, "to my son, please - he goes by the nickname 'Iron Man' ". If you like, make sure it's one of his own books.
            Last edited by Gentile; 31 August 2012, 09:10. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Why Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? The character in the books is nothing like Tom Cruise....
              I have been thinking of that question. But it seems a tad rude. Maybe I will get my lad to ask it then say "I'm dreadfully sorry - its his autism".

Tom Cruise is a great choice except for the height difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                If an alien broke into your house, and you shot and killed it, then it all turned out if was a dreadful mistake, could you be tried for murder or would animal cruelty be the appropriate offence given that it wouldn't actually be human?
                Isn't that a question for cuk?

Being a sleuth is only part of it - Jack Reacher rights wrongs.

Comment

Do you think people who don't want to queue to see you should just push in? Or do you think they could just do something else instead?

Comment

If I were your son I'd be asking people why my dad is always seeking attention. Look at me look at me, another thread about me.

Comment

Working...
                    X