• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain to be like Madeira in 2080

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain to be like Madeira in 2080

The Met office have shot down in flames the claim that Britain will be sub-tropical in 2060. It will be subtropical in 2080.

This is what you can look forward to.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...s-Madeira.html
    I'm alright Jack

or possibly
    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
    - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The Met office have shot down in flames the claim that Britain will be sub-tropical in 2060. It will be subtropical in 2080.

This is what you can look forward to.

BBC burnt over climate change claim UK will be as hot as Madeira - Telegraph
      Why would anyone want Mitsubishi emblems in his garden?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
        or possibly
        What sort of climate caused that then?

Will it be raining Mustard gas?
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          What sort of climate caused that then?

Will it be raining Mustard gas?
          Possibly. You never know
          We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
          - Douglas Adams

Comment

Although I do prefer your prediction.

Still, I'll be dead by then anyway
            - Douglas Adams

Comment

Why not wait 68 years before passing judgement on the met office?

I think in 100 years an alien will fly out of the prime minister's 4rse.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I think in 100 years an alien will fly out of the prime minister's 4rse.
                Wouldn't be the first time.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Wouldn't be the first time.
                  Look at Mark Thatcher*

*technically not the arse
                  - Douglas Adams

Comment

More likely to be like the pic below with over 50% of babies in London born last year to mothers from overseas...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X