• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you a Psychopath or Narcissist? Self test online.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you a Psychopath or Narcissist? Self test online.

Self Test on Psychopathy ('Am I a psychopath?' - Self Assessment, Questionnaire)

There is no clear indication that you might have a psychopathic / antisocial personality disorder.

You reached, however, 75.00% of Factor 1 which captures the core personality traits of psychopathy that define the interpersonal and affective deficits of this personality disorder (e.g. shallow affect, superficial charm, manipulativeness, lack of empathy) and that are correlated with narcissistic personality disorder, low anxiety, low empathy, low stress reaction and low suicide risk. But Factor 1 is also associated with extraversion and positive affect - affected persons usually score high on scales of achievement and well-being, so some aspects of the personality disorder may even be beneficial for the psychopath (in terms of nondeviant social functioning or if it comes to profit from manipulation or lies).

You reached, however, 27.78% of Factor 2 which captures the traits of antisocial behavior (e.g. criminal versatility, impulsiveness, irresponsibility, poor behaviour controls, juvenile delinquency) and is associated with reactive anger, social deviance, sensation seeking, anxiety, increased risk of suicide, low socio-economic status, criminality, and impulsive violence.
    You might have certain traits of antisocial or psychopathic personalities but certainly not in a form that would justify a personality disorder diagnosis according to the standards.
    Score: 18 of 38 [18:12/5/1]

There are strong indications that you might have a narcissistic personality disorder.

There are slight differences between the major diagnostic manuals in how to diagnose a narcissistic personality disorder, with the ICD-10 manual stating that a person may only be diagnosed with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder if she/he does not meet the diagnostic criteria for a dissocial (antisocial, psychopathic), histrionic or any of the other personality disorders at the same time. For the DSM-IV manual, there is no such exclusion. It is unusual for NPD personality types to seek therapy, as they unconsciously fear exposure or inadequacy and will usually disdain therapeutic processes or the idea of psychotherapy itself, sabotage the therapeutic process or openly oppose it. Pharmacotherapy is rarely effective.
    Score: 9 of 9

Interesting
    Psychopathic / antisocial personality disorder.
    17.39%
    Narcissistic personality disorder.
    39.13%
    Histrionic personality disorder
    30.43%
    AndyW - call the men in the white coats.
    13.04%

You sir, are a loony

I, on the other hand, am normal

There is no clear indication that you might have a
    psychopathic / antisocial personality disorder.
    You might have certain traits of antisocial or psychopathic personalities but certainly not in a form that would justify a personality disorder diagnosis according to the standards.
    Score: 8 of 38 [8:4/2/2]

There are strong indications that you might have a
    narcissistic personality disorder.
    There are slight differences between the major diagnostic manuals in how to diagnose a narcissistic personality disorder, with the ICD-10 manual stating that a person may only be diagnosed with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder if she/he does not meet the diagnostic criteria for a dissocial (antisocial, psychopathic), histrionic or any of the other personality disorders at the same time. For the DSM-IV manual, there is no such exclusion. It is unusual for NPD personality types to seek therapy, as they unconsciously fear exposure or inadequacy and will usually disdain therapeutic processes or the idea of psychotherapy itself, sabotage the therapeutic process or openly oppose it. Pharmacotherapy is rarely effective.
    Score: 5 of 9

Comment

I got bored half way through. Not sure what that makes me.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
        You sir, are a loony

I, on the other hand, am normal
        Thanks. Id hate to be boring though.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I got bored half way through. Not sure what that makes me.
        Come on, it werent that long!

Id be interested to see NLUK's results.

Comment

There is no clear indication that you might have a
          psychopathic / antisocial personality disorder.
          You reached, however, 56.25% of Factor 1 ...
          More than 50%, well that's a start - A bit of psychopathy sounds quite useful in some ways

.. There are strong indications that you might have a histrionic personality disorder
          What absolute rubbish!!!!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            More than 50%, well that's a start - A bit of psychopathy sounds quite useful in some ways

What absolute rubbish!!!!
            Its uncannily accurate isnt it.

Histrionic personality disorder is a condition in which people act in a very emotional and dramatic way that draws attention to themselves.

Comment

I'm far too socially awkward to be a sociopath/psychopath. But apparently I'm strongly likely to have a narcissistic AND histrionic disorder. Though I don't know what those are

More interesting would be for partners to score each other perhaps.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I'm far too socially awkward to be a sociopath/psychopath. But apparently I'm strongly likely to have a narcissistic AND histrionic disorder. Though I don't know what those are

More interesting would be for partners to score each other perhaps.
                Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which the individual is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity. This condition affects one percent of the population. First formulated in 1968, it was historically called megalomania, and it is closely linked to egocentrism.
                I like being in the top 1%

HPD lies in the dramatic cluster of personality disorders. People with HPD have a high need for attention, make loud and inappropriate appearances, exaggerate their behaviors and emotions, and crave stimulation. They may exhibit sexually provocative behavior, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and can be easily influenced by others. Associated features include egocentrism, self-indulgence, continuous longing for appreciation, and persistent manipulative behavior to achieve their own needs.

Comment

Hmm. Doesn't sound much like me to me. Maybe that's part of the delusion!
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

These tests are nonsense. Mine said I was a narcissistic psychopathic sociopath and that's obviously not true.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X