• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

yay. the sun is out. wheres me BBQ

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yay. the sun is out. wheres me BBQ

At last, its sunny. 24c

Must get the BBQ out before it clouds over again

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    At last, its sunny. 24c

Must get the BBQ out before it clouds over again

Been out in the garden twatting apples and pears off the trees. Very hot work on such a fine day.

Three big bags full, ready for the bin men to cart away tomorrow.

Couldn't get to the little buggers hiding on the topmost branches. Will have to wait for a few windy days.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      Been out in the garden twatting apples and pears off the trees. Very hot work on such a fine day.

Three big bags full, ready for the bin men to cart away tomorrow.

Couldn't get to the little buggers hiding on the topmost branches. Will have to wait for a few windy days.
      Are they not edible? The apples & pears I mean, not the bin-men.

It seems a shame to bin them.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
        Are they not edible? The apples & pears I mean, not the bin-men.

It seems a shame to bin them.
        I did think of Cider, but it seemed like too much hassle.

I'm more of a grape, tangerine and banana man myself.

Apples and Pears only work for me when they come in tins (with added custard.)
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Why knock them of the trees rather than wait for them to fall off? Seems a lot of effort to fill a bin.

Also - surely you must have at least one friend who would like the fruit, or at least one neighbour who won't think it's a trick?!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

BBQ planned for tomorrow. 3 nice sirloins purchased ready...
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Why knock them of the trees rather than wait for them to fall off? Seems a lot of effort to fill a bin.
              Because the little blighters are cunning! They sit there, refusing to budge, and then all come down on the same bloody day - leaving me with a clean-up task of Katrina-sized proportions. Best interfere with nature, I figured, and start the fall from grace for at least some of them a little early.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Also - surely you must have at least one friend who would like the fruit, or at least one neighbour who won't think it's a trick?!
              Contractor with a friend? Does not compute...

Neighbours have the same problem as me - except ten times worse. We seem to be living in the centre of this country's biggest orchard, even though we are actually in London. These little blighters have evolved smog resistance.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
              X