• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

180,000 miles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

180,000 miles

…and counting: my beloved Mk. II Ford Orion 1.6i Ghia (89G) reached yet another big number this afternoon

250,000: here we come!

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    …and counting: my beloved Mk. II Ford Orion 1.6i Ghia (89G) reached yet another big number this afternoon

250,000: here we come!
    Amateur My 2004 focus is on 220,000 miles and counting at around 1000 a week All but 7 (the delivery mileage) have been put on by myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Amateur My 2004 focus is on 220,000 miles and counting at around 1000 a week All but 7 (the delivery mileage) have been put on by myself.
      For an Orion 180K is a big number! Those things are (or were) testaments to the ability of steel to oxidize!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

375,00 on a bmw 325.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My 04 Mondeo Estate TDCi with 124000 on the clock got totalled by a *** delivering Pizzas in an 'R' Reg Nissan Bloody Micra on Wednesday in Huddersfield. I'd had it since it was six months old and put all but 4000 of them miles on it while contracting away from home, gigging at weekends and pulling my daughters horse box (as well as transporting bales of hay and bags of horse feed around). Sad end to meet, at the hands of a Nissan Micra held together with gaffa tape
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

250 k miles is a lot.
            one small commute for (a) NF

One giant drive for mankind

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

4 year old B3BT with just over 100,000 from new and so far no problems....
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                Excellent! My Orion had 103,000 on the clock (well, on the odometer actually) when I bought it in December 2001.

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                For an Orion 180K is a big number! Those things are (or were) testaments to the ability of steel to oxidize!
                Not many left now, either

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  My 04 Mondeo Estate TDCi with 124000 on the clock got totalled by a *** delivering Pizzas in an 'R' Reg Nissan Bloody Micra on Wednesday in Huddersfield. I'd had it since it was six months old and put all but 4000 of them miles on it while contracting away from home, gigging at weekends and pulling my daughters horse box (as well as transporting bales of hay and bags of horse feed around). Sad end to meet, at the hands of a Nissan Micra held together with gaffa tape
                  Bummer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Bummer
                    I hope he got a free meat feast or at worse a pepperoni passion in compensation.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X