• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have we got a CUK app yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we got a CUK app yet?

I'm getting raped on data charges.

In addition does anyone know if there is a Google Map Or similar app which does not charge for data?? £40 to use Maps in the last few days is taking the piss.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Do you know what software the CUK forums are running? Things like vBulletin/phpBB have a plugin that allows mobile users to browse a lo-fi version using apps like ForumRunner and Tapatalk on smartphones.

I'd love CUK to accessible via one of those apps as it keeps data usage right down.

As for mapping - what phone/OS?

There are cheap/free navigation tools out there that use OpenStreetMap that you could use that allow full offline mode for a particular area/region/country.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I'm getting raped on data charges.

In addition does anyone know if there is a Google Map Or similar app which does not charge for data?? £40 to use Maps in the last few days is taking the piss.
      You'll need to download the appropriate version of tomtom or another sat nav program that uses built in maps. I'm not sure what is the best option for american but as apple are using tomtom from mid September they are probably the best bet.

Download using wifi though.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        You'll need to download the appropriate version of tomtom or another sat nav program that uses built in maps. I'm not sure what is the best option for american but as apple are using tomtom from mid September they are probably the best bet.

Download using wifi though.
        Going to when back. Between two of us yesterday we did 18meg at £5.50 each!!!!! Absolute daylight robbery.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just finished up the GUI.

The Lead Tester is doing the final QA before sign-off and release: http://wpcdn2.padgadget.com/wp-conte...rice-case2.jpg

Shouldn't be long now.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Friend of mine bought a T-Mobile (IIRC) SIM in the US from Best Buy or similar for $5 which was pre-loaded with loads of data etc. Much cheaper than roaming. But a PITA since you can't receive incoming calls and SMS.

BTW, if you use Facebook, on Android, it's an absolute traffic hog. Ditch it.

Comment

Working...
            X