• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IHS (International Health Service)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IHS (International Health Service)

Revealed: 10 most common nationalities of foreign-born mothers who gave birth in NHS hospitals in 2011 | Mail Online

I must be a racist cause this makes me very glum to say the least......
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If they are the wives of people who are living here legally and paying the proper taxes, what is the problem ? NI contributions are for free NHS isnt it ? If they are not entitled to free NHS maternity, will the government accept a deduction in NI contributions?
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Unless these non-EU mums are UK resident with all the permits (are any even needed?) then we should charge them for the service they receive.

EDIT, ok I read more,

So called ‘health tourism’ as a whole is thought to cost taxpayers as much as £200million a year..
        That's bad.

Urgent treatment, such as maternity care, is provided regardless of residence status or ability to pay but hospitals must take reasonable measures to recover debts from overseas patients if they can trace them.
        Oh, clearly, nothing to worry about here.

Some trusts are owed tens of millions by foreign patients and have been forced to write-off some of these debts.
        Oh dear.
        Last edited by Platypus; 3 September 2012, 10:59.

Comment

Working...
        X