• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 year rule - crediting back up front costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 year rule - crediting back up front costs

If you work some where for twelve months, get a 6 month extension taking you to 18 months in total, during that 6 month extension you purchase a 12 month season ticket for the train, you then get a further extension that will put you over two years, do the remaining months on the season ticket that are over the 18 months become business in kind? I assume they do.

Did you buy a 12 month ticket because you knew you would be there past the 6 month extension by chance?

Are you also taking in to account the 2 year rule is about geographic area, not on a client by client basis?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 3 September 2012, 13:05.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Did you buy a 12 month ticket because you knew you would be there past the 6 month extension by chance?

Are you also taking in to account the 2 year rule is about geographic area, not on a client by client basis?
      My question is partly hypothetical, I have completed 12 months, just started 6 month extension, based on what I hear (coming from a reliable source) there *could* be a further extension early next year that will end up taking me past 2 years on site.

Thinking of getting a 12 month season ticket, but want to understand if I purchase the 12 month ticket will I have to credit back the remaining months through the company books as BIK at the point I potentially get the next extension?

Comment

What is your attitude to risk? Stick it though the books and forget about it?.... Did I really just say that?... I feel unclean and must go self flagellate...

Comment

What is your attitude to risk? Stick it though the books and forget about it?.... Did I really just say that?... I feel unclean and must go self flagellate...
          What Ronnie Biggs Says.

Stick it through the books and don't worry about it. They'll never find out.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Are you feeling ok? You seem to be going soft in your old age.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Is there BIK on season tickets anyway, regardless of 24 month rule? Can't be bothered to google, NLUK, so chop chop.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Fook that - claim the miles at 45p and pay for the ticket in ca$h (apparently)
                Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  Is there BIK on season tickets anyway, regardless of 24 month rule? Can't be bothered to google, NLUK, so chop chop.
                  I don't think this is the case but can't find anything definitive. Two posts that touch on this are..

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...year-rule.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...xpenses-3.html

but some quite indepth stuff in a post on this thread that might worth reading...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...eceipts-2.html

You are just pissed I corrected your spelling earlier aren't you

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
                    Fook that - claim the miles at 45p and pay for the ticket in ca$h (apparently)
                    Even I wouldn't advocate that in my drug induced high that I appear to be on. That is fraud.

Comment

Working...
                    X