• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motivation, how do you keep motivated?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motivation, how do you keep motivated?

Am struggling with motivation today, you'll notice I dont normally come here on work days. Have four more months in my contract, doing a rewrite of a very old computer system.

Dont want to be here, dont need to work as I have far too much money in the bank. How do I motivate myself? Ive even counted the weeks so I can check them off.

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Am struggling with motivation today, you'll notice I dont normally come here on work days. Have four more months in my contract, doing a rewrite of a very old computer system.

Dont want to be here, dont need to work as I have far too much money in the bank. How do I motivate myself? Ive even counted the weeks so I can check them off.
    If I was in your position I'd leave
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

How do I motivate myself?
      I've stopped even trying. Seriously.

Still, the thought of a nice long break at the end of it is what you should concentrate on. And the cash sat warm and snug in the Company Account.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

I sit on my arse posting crap on CUK until I don't have enough time left to finish my project, so then I panic, work my arse off and then complete everything with seconds to go and collapse in an exhausted heap.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

WSCS

Why bother if you don't need to? Sounds like self-induced torcher.
          Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

I have a pair of shoes that are are a size too small. They hurt like f*** , but I promise myself that I wont take them off till the job is done.
            For real hardcore boredom, I wear a tiny jockstrap full of scottish thistles

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

How do I motivate myself? Ive even counted the weeks so I can check them off.
              Back of my notebook in most gigs, you will find a countdown of the days, hours, and sometime the minutes!
              And usually a Pascal's triangle which can get quite big....................

I've always been task driven - give me something to do and a deadline and I'll do it.
              Motivation is the invoice - gone are the days when I did it for love!

Comment

Just engross yourself in deep intellectually challenging reading and learn while you enjoy... something like this. You know you will love it.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You just need to remember that famous quote that used to be on telly in the 90s.

'Give me the money, honey'
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    If I was in your position I'd leave

I am in the same boat, but do need the money. I set myself targets of what i need to achieve in a day, break it down into tasks. Then use a pomodorro technique to ensure there is a break to look forward to. I am also able to listen to an Ipod wo audiobooks and my favourite music help the day go by.

Comment

Working...
                    X