• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PGC - IR35/tax insurance, great advice, netowrking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PGC - IR35/tax insurance, great advice, netowrking

Hi,

Well, this is what their website implies.

What's the general concensus on joining the PGC. Has anyone joined and got any good/bad experiences or has anyone avoided oining for any particular reason.

Do they really provide useful info or is most of their material and guides stuff that someone could find themselves on Google?

GT

they don't have ... test please delete!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

For coverage of proper contractor issues, as opposed to the more interesting crappage you get here, try shout99. Proper accountants advising, IR35 insurance and other insurances and services.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

They are worth joining for a number of reasons.

1. The tax investigation insurance included in the membership fee.
        2. The IR35 friendly model contracts available to members to use for themselves.
        3. Access to free tax and legal advice.

They have a fair amount of other stuff as well but those are the biggies as far as most people are concerned.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Free? Shout99's fair35 doesn't cost any more than the PCG membership, includes other investigations as well as IR35, is with QDOS and comes with a big folder of contract pointers and stuff.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
            Free? Shout99's fair35 doesn't cost any more than the PCG membership, includes other investigations as well as IR35, is with QDOS and comes with a big folder of contract pointers and stuff.

Not arguing over who is better, the OP asked about the PCG so I answered. Never heard of Shout 99 but here is the PCG benifits list for comparason.

Benefits of standard membership

Professional Expenses Insurance (PEI) via PCG’s policy which covers all members and pays up to £75,000 per claim to cover professional fees relating to any tax investigation including those on IR35, S660A, PAYE, VAT and other matters

Free access to tax and legal helplines

Draft contract templates for agency work and direct client contracts, plus standard terms and conditions template for small projects

Expert guides to IR35, Section 660A and the Agency Regulations

Access to a wealth of technical and commercial advice via the forums

Comment

Originally posted by yetanotherone
              What's the general concensus on joining the PGC.
              PCG

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                [I]Professional Expenses Insurance (PEI) via PCG’s policy which covers all members and pays up to £75,000 per claim to cover professional fees relating to any tax investigation including those on IR35, S660A, PAYE, VAT and other matters
                Careful, PAYE audit cover is extra, you need to supersize to get cover for it.....

Comment

Originally posted by deforce
                  Careful, PAYE audit cover is extra, you need to supersize to get cover for it.....

Hmmm, that was lifted directly from the PCG website so if what you say is true then there is a problem with what they are telling their customers.

Comment

I treat them as a set of insurance policies with a pressure group attached.

Comment

Working...
                    X