• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sports Headphones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports Headphones

Anyone have any recommendations on some headphones for training with? I have been trawling through amazon reviews and it seems to me there is no perfect solution out there? What do you lot use for gym/running etc?

I had this exact problem a few months ago, after much research I went for the Sennheiser PMX 680i. The bass is great, they don't move at all while running, very comfortable and volume control of iPod on the wire just below your ear is usefull although I personally just listen to everything loud.

Ive used them now 6 days a week for several months and running hard, therefore sweating a lot and also running in heavy downpours with no issues whatsoever.

I can't fault them.
    Last edited by chef; 4 September 2012, 10:50.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      I had this exact problem a few months ago, after much research I went for the Sennheiser PMX 680i. The bass is great, they don't move at all while running, very comfortable and volume control of iPod on the wire just below your ear is usefull although I personally just listen to everything loud.

Ive used them now 6 days a week for several months and running hard, therefore sweating a lot and also running in heavy downpours with no issues whatsoever.

I can't fault them.
      Cheers Chef. Just had a look on amazon and there are mostly positive reviews for these

BUT (and this seems to happen every time I think I have found a solution)

there are also comments like these:

"The sound quality can best be described as tinny and the ability of these to stay in place (in and on your ears) is awful. As soon as your get hot and start sweating, you spend most of your run trying to keep the damned things in place."

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
        Anyone have any recommendations on some headphones for training with? I have been trawling through amazon reviews and it seems to me there is no perfect solution out there? What do you lot use for gym/running etc?
        Can't go wrong with these:

JVC-HA-FX1X-Xtreme-Xplosives-In-Ear-Canal-Headphones

The whole office is using them here....

Comment

Originally posted by My Trainer
          If you're getting bored when exercising then you aren't doing it hard enough
          What my trainer says
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

I just use regular ear-phones but I imagine for more active sports than running it wouldn't work.

I always wondered if it was possible to listen to an iPod while swimming somehow, that'd be cool.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              What my trainer says
              yep

cheating, and makes you docile on the streets coz YOU cant hear anything

mtfu

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                yep

cheating, and makes you docile on the streets coz YOU cant hear anything

mtfu
                Explain how wearing headphones in the gym is cheating?

Comment

I've tried a few and keep coming back to these. They are the only ones which dont move around.

Philips Shs3200/10 Ear Hook Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Comment

Sony MDR-AS50's had them for 18 months and they're brilliant, I use them for weights, cardio and bag work and they always stay in place. They have a flexible neckband unlike the Sennheiser PMX70's I have and they also come with 3 sets of earbuds (S, M and L) for a good fit.
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X