• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Debt Collection agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debt Collection agency

I got pulled for speeding in Southern Oz about 5 years ago.

a month or so later I got a letter from OzPlod saying I owed a hundred dollars or somesuch fine. So I sent a cheque, but they said barclloyds was not a part of the oz scheme so I had to join an oz scheme bank and then pay them.
    naturally, I didnt bother.

so a few years down the line, I gets a letter from some oz debt collection outfit demanding 500 bucks to pay the fine and cover the costs.

The question is
    1. Do I tell them to stick it up their @rse
    2. Do I tell them to lick it on one side and stick it up their @rse

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Technically it can be contempt of court as its a fine rather than a debt, whats your Ecuadorian like?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      I got pulled for speeding in Southern Oz about 5 years ago.

a month or so later I got a letter from OzPlod saying I owed a hundred dollars or somesuch fine. So I sent a cheque, but they said barclloyds was not a part of the oz scheme so I had to join an oz scheme bank and then pay them.
      naturally, I didnt bother.

so a few years down the line, I gets a letter from some oz debt collection outfit demanding 500 bucks to pay the fine and cover the costs.

The question is
      1. Do I tell them to stick it up their @rse
      2. Do I tell them to lick it on one side and stick it up their @rse

Don't even acknowledge it. You're probably one of the many "Mr E Optimist"s they've tried it on with over the past five years. If you even respond, you'll only find the 'debt' sold to some chancer closer to home. It's a bit like people who send you spam: the aim isn't to get you to buy, it's to get you to confirm your address is real.

Comment

Send them a photo of your arse with you sticking the aussie flag up it.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Technically it can be contempt of court as its a fine rather than a debt, whats your Ecuadorian like?
          they'll never take me alive

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

they'll never take me alive

Do you ever want to visit Australia again?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Do you ever want to visit Australia again?
                of course.

But there are eight states, and I have only been done in five of them

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

of course.

But there are eight states, and I have only been done in five of them

Look what happened to Ned Kelly... Or in your case "Old Ma Kelly".

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Look what happened to Ned Kelly... Or in your case "Old Ma Kelly".

just to add insult to injury, I got pulled over at a place called 'Iron Knob', just west of port Augusta

I sh!t you not

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X