• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got off the phone with the client...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got off the phone with the client...

What's the agents' motive behind saying this?

Depends what they said after it
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
      He's trying to convince you that you were the first person he called after speaking to the client

Chances are he actually spoke to his first and second candidates first and then decided to kill 5 minutes before going home
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
        Because it's MY client. Do you here that, you scumbag contractor? MY CLIENT. And I, ME, just got off the phone talking to MY client. God, I don't even know why I waste my time with you low-life's...

In other words, they are trying to set a perspective.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Definitely screwing with your head. There's no way on earth he actually just spoke to the client in his normal duties as a middleman arranging a contract between two parties using the phone as primary means of communication. Thank God you realised.
          Last edited by Mose; 4 September 2012, 17:07. Reason: fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by Mose View Post
            Definitely mindfcuking you. There's no way on earth he actually just spoke to the client in his normal duties as a middleman arranging a contract between two parties using the phone as primary means of communication. Thank God you realised.
            good use of sarcasm. bit heavy on the sweary words

3/5
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Mose View Post
              Definitely screwing with your head. There's no way on earth he actually just spoke to the client in his normal duties as a middleman arranging a contract between two parties using the phone as primary means of communication. Thank God you realised.
              Good use of sarcasm. Too light on the sweary words

3/5
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

He's putting you at ease.
                You
                may think there is no client, no job, and the agent is just fishing.
                But now he claims he's just been speaking to the client - well you're convinced now, innit?
                While you're on the line can you just confirm any interviews you've had lately, just so there's no conflict..
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

It shows how well connected him and the client are. They're like this,

THAT'S how close they are! So screw you, Mr. contractor. He is important. Right? Geddit? Ha. LOL. Serves you right. It's all about him, see.

<man in white coat arrives ... >

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Yep - agents do that a lot when talking to contractors.

Comment

Working...
                    X