• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC iPlayer launches mobile-download service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC iPlayer launches mobile-download service

BBC News - BBC iPlayer launches mobile-download service

Users of BBC catch-up service iPlayer can now download programmes to watch on phones, tablets and other mobile devices at a later date.

Just in time as I have bought my iPad now
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

About time too!

The downloading thing I mean, although you should have got an iPad sooner as well.

Comment

You guys really need to learn what torrents are.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        You guys really need to learn what torrents are.
        Why would I want to dick about waiting ages for some crappy illegal ripoff, badly processed in some tulipty codec, that gets stuck on 98% complete for three days, when I can just download a legal high-quality copy in a minute or two?

Comment

I torrent most of the US shows I watch, BBC can be hit and miss as to what they upload. The iPlayer is a god send, although the lack of series link on the mobile is disapointing
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I torrent most of the US shows I watch, BBC can be hit and miss as to what they upload. The iPlayer is a god send, although the lack of series link on the mobile is disapointing
            That's fine until your ISP starts choking torrent traffic...

Comment

A lot of BBC stuff has started showing up on Netflix too which is cool since BBC don't like to leave their stuff online. That's my only peeve with iPlayer - it's by far the best platform - whereas 4OD isn't as good and has ads, but is a wonderful resource for their own-brand programs.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Why would I want to dick about waiting ages for some crappy illegal ripoff, badly processed in some tulipty codec, that gets stuck on 98% complete for three days, when I can just download a legal high-quality copy in a minute or two?
                That's not my experience of torrenting at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  That's not my experience of torrenting at all.
                  WHS

Although there isn't that much BBC stuff that I bother watching
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

There's not much decent to watch on the BBC these days, most of the good shows are on Sky
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X