• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ohh look they have done a version of Windows Server for children.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ohh look they have done a version of Windows Server for children.

Its called Windows 2012

Admin, can we have a CUK version for children so the OP might have put this in the right area of the forum please?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I don't think Windows 2012 belongs in the tech forum, so General it is...

Comment

Looks like you were wrong yet again NL. Have you thought about renaming to WrongLadUk?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          Looks like you were wrong yet again NL. Have you thought about renaming to WrongLadUk?
          Coming from the guy that just posted this in the wrong forum I will take that as a compliment
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

He's a bit tetchy since his forum missus went awol.

Comment

Who has moved this to Business ? Its even more irrelevant in here.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Its called Windows 2012

The GUI in 2012 is optional so I guess you must have ticked the "i'm an idiot" box when installing
                Last edited by Spacecadet; 6 September 2012, 10:14.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

And it boots into classic desktop by default.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    The GUI in 2012 is optional so I guess you must have ticked the "i'm an idiot" box when installing
                    My years of running the latest Windows Server just so I was familiar with it seem to be behind me.

Im surprised if what you say is true, given that Windows 8 gives you no choice and had indeed removed the start button completely.

A quick search on google got me this:-

Logging into the Server 2012 desktop, you're dropped straight into the new Server Manager we saw in the beta release. This is a Metro look-and-feel application that's the hub of running a Windows Server 2012 installation.
                    and

How to navigate Start in Windows Server 2012 | TechRepublic

By now, everyone knows that Windows 8 sports a radical new interface, which, up until recently, Microsoft referred to as the “Metro” interface. Although the company has pulled back on using that name for the new interface, you won’t escape it so easily, even if you use Windows Server 2012. Windows Server 2012, like its desktop cousin, carries with it the Metro Start screen and, like it or not, administrators will need to learn the basics behind navigating and managing this new method of interaction with a Windows server.

Comment

Working...
                    X