• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for the parents among us....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for the parents among us....

Twas the night before school started when all through the town,
    the teachers were groaning ... a disturbing sound!
    By 10 they were washed and tucked up in bed,
    where memories of children filled them with dread!
    New pencils, new folders, new registers too!
    New classes, new grey hairs, their anxiety grew.
    The parents just giggled when they learned of this fright,
    " you've had 6 weeks off - they're all yours, tough shite!!"
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Twas the night before school started when all through the town, the teachers were groaning ... a disturbing sound!
    By 10 they were washed and tucked up in bed, where memories of children filled them with dread!
    New pencils, new folders, new registers too! New classes, new grey hairs, their anxiety grew.
    The parents just giggled when they learned of this fright, " you've had 6 weeks off - they're all yours, tough tulipe!!"
    ours went back on Tuesday. the teachers I know are already complaining.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Mine is back tomorrow. Spent this evening sewing name tapes.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Mine is back tomorrow. Spent this evening sewing name tapes.
        Mrs Admin in the other room doing exactly that Our youngest girl's first day at School!

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          Mrs Admin in the other room doing exactly that Our youngest girl's first day at School!
          Mine are out sweeping out chimneys in preparation for winter
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

ours went back last thursday and we have already had two letter for trips

Comment

Eldest started senior school yesterday and youngest went into reception today.

The Mrs starts her new job tomorrow.

There's tears all round in bless-em-all's house. Except for me that is.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                Awww, big day. Hope she doesn't cry. (Mrs Admin that is!)

Comment

Gf chef is a teacher and started back last weds.

At her request we're going away this weekend for an already well deserved break, somewhere quiet.

My job for today "as your not working (I.e i'm working from home which is the same thing in her eyes ) have a look for somewhere quiet by he sea."
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

My youngest went back on Tuesday.
                    Only afternoons for this week so the 'chaos is less and we can all get bedded in'.
                    Probably a good idea tbh...it's bedlam. Then again, they've had six weeks off so they should be rested and able to deal with the next 5-6 weeks until their NEXT holiday lol

Loved the poem btw
                    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X