• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got an email today from contractjobs dot com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got an email today from contractjobs dot com

They want to charge £4.99 a month for something called Jobseeker Premium:
    http://www.contractjobs dot com/staticpages/120830/jobseeker-premium/

Now I'm sure charging people to look for work is illegal I just can't remember what the exact law is but surely most of the bits it offers as an incentive to join will put agents off using the site.

<admin edit>Link masked</admin edit>
    Last edited by administrator; 6 September 2012, 12:33.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1520777
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I got one too, but seeing as I only ever use Jobswerve I binned it straight away
      Last edited by SimonMac; 6 September 2012, 09:12.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I got two, one to an email address I haven't used since about 2002 and one to my normal contracting address.

As it happens I have my mail client configured to always show the plain text version of emails by default. As a result, it opened with the salutation "Hi First Name"

(I did switch to the HTML view out of idle curiosity, and they'd got it right there; but still…)

Comment

I would like to think such a scheme wouldn't work out. Most of us have a full time job trying to get job sites and agencies to stop the 'premium service' of sending us unsolicited and poorly-matched job spam. You'd think that if a job board started charging for the privilege, they'd end up with only desperate, sub-standard CVs on their books. Then again, that's what I said about LinkedIn and selling bottled water in a country with the most rain and free clean water supplies in Europe, so what the hell do I know?

Comment

I subscribe to a jobsite here in Germany but it provides a lot more than this one and I've got projects from it (also from the company who run it.) Some of the options you get are:
            • your own web address for your profile and something called an online business card
            • various areas where only you and registered companies can see your profile
            • priority when positions are applied
            • companies can contact you directly (phone, email, sms)
            • profile optimisation
            • technical literature (free books primarily)
            • help with tax problems from an accountant
            • lots of discounts for such things as train travel cards, conferences, technical journals, software, etc.

They also provide a members only area where there are such things as forums, various statistics such as which areas are those to look for or a salary checker

All in all it is actually worth it which I can't see from this one...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X