• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coffee at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee at work

Different countries do it differently. The French hang out around the coffee machine to drink their coffee. The Italians sometimes go out to get an espresso.

The Dutch appear at the machine with the lid of a cardboard box, and proceed to monopolise the machine by getting 25 coffees for their entire team
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

I have a free coffee machine. Shame I don't drink coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
      Different countries do it differently. The French hang out around the coffee machine to drink their coffee. The Italians sometimes go out to get an espresso.

The Dutch appear at the machine with the lid of a cardboard box, and proceed to monopolise the machine by getting 25 coffees for their entire team
      You're only cross because you're the 26th member of the team.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

When I was at Nestlé we used to go to a local café, as Nestlé only provided Nescafe.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

There's a costa on site. It will be the undoing of me. Probably having 5 double-shot lattes a day.

Comment

What winds me right up is people (management) who rock up at 08:00 so their seen as in the office then a gang of them will disapear for 30 minutes to the local Costas , one day a few walked past on their way to costas while one of the fellas next to me was surfin the web and had the balls to say is it a slow day as you have time to read the news,

When i get to work i start work, "get your bleedin coffeee on your way in" It makes me mad!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
              When i get to work i start work, "get your bleedin coffeee on your way in" It makes me mad!!!!
              As long as they pay me more to drink it than it cost to purchase I'll be doing it the profitable away. I'm running a business after all.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

What winds me right up is people (management) who rock up at 08:00 so their seen as in the office then a gang of them will disapear for 30 minutes to the local Costas , one day a few walked past on their way to costas while one of the fellas next to me was surfin the web and had the balls to say is it a slow day as you have time to read the news,

This is why they're management and you're a support monkey
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                  I know. Assholes.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Management can do work while at Costa or even while walking there.

At conferences, it's claimed at least as much important stuff happens in the 15min coffee break as it does in the presentations.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X