• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Addicted to debt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addicted to debt

Left or right? Makes no difference, both sustain the US lifestyle with debt.

That clock in times square must be going like the bloody clappers now!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Left or right? Makes no difference, both sustain the US lifestyle with debt.
      How much of the debt is borrowing from Peter to pay Paul? Or is it all for flat screen tellys and SUV's?
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Lies, damn lies and statistics
        Would be interested to see other comparative charts, debt as %of GDP, spending over the same term, as one chart without the other is really meaningless
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Is that amount of money even comprehend-able? How would it ever be paid back?

Comment

Is this index linked?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              Is that amount of money even comprehend-able? How would it ever be paid back?
              1. No
              2. It won't

Although, seeing as the US has a big army and also stores much of the world's gold, it could feasibly nick someone else's gold and then say 'wanna fight about it?' Unlikely to happen though, unless some loony Republican wingnut gets into office.

Sorry, that last sentence wasn't really very reassuring was it?
              Last edited by Mich the Tester; 6 September 2012, 17:19.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                Is this index linked?
                I don't think even Oracle or DB2 can cope with indexes that big.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  1. No
                  2. It won't

Although, seeing as the US has a big army and also stores much of the world's gold, it could feasibly nick someone else's gold and then say 'wanna fight about it?' Unlikely to happen though, unless some loony Republican wingnut gets into office.

Sorry, that last sentence wasn't really very reassuring was it?
                  It's very hard to urn a profit through was nowadays.

Default is of course the answer, but not until they have borrowed as much as the markets will bear firs and bought gold with it.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                    It's very hard to urn a profit through was nowadays.
                    Someone please translate
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X