• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next cuk meet up at Coq D'Argent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next cuk meet up at Coq D'Argent

Businesswoman falls to death from City rooftop restaurant - Telegraph

Deaths there seem a regular occurrence. I suppose I should start a poll asking who would get thrown off first but I can't be bothered.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Businesswoman falls to death from City rooftop restaurant - Telegraph

Deaths there seem a regular occurrence. I suppose I should start a poll asking who would get thrown off first but I can't be bothered.
    Hopefully they won't close off the garden or fence it in as the view is one of the best in the city.

Been there several times when I worked on Bishopsgate ... very posey and pricy but great if the weather is good.

Comment

Well I tossed myself off there once..

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
          In 2009 stockbroker Anjool Malde, 24, jumped to his death clutching a glass of champagne following suspension from his job at Deutsche Bank.

In May 2007, 33-year-old city worker Richard Ford died after throwing himself off the building and landing on top of a bus.
          The Metropolitan Police will shortly be visiting your home to talk to you about two other men they believe you've tossed off there.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            The Metropolitan Police will shortly be visiting your home to talk to you about two other men they believe you've tossed off there.
            This businesswoman that was tossed off there - was she a cleaner?

Comment

This businesswoman that was tossed off there - was she a cleaner?
              I think the term is 'jilling off' actually.

Comment

Is that one of those restaurants where lots of Merchant Bankers go for dinner?

I can understand people wanting to get out quickly but surely you could just ask the waiter to phone a taxi.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Is that one of those restaurants where lots of Merchant Bankers go for dinner?
                  Yes. In the cockney rhyming sense of the word.

Comment

Yes. In the cockney rhyming sense of the word.
                    Ah, you mean it's a sort of 'free-for-all chuck a wbanker off the roof' place?

Excellent idea. I could start a franchise for them in Amsterdam Zuid. Huge untapped market for chucking wbankers off the roof here in Euroland. And politicians, but that would be The Hague branch. Or Brussels.

This time next year...

Comment

Working...
                    X