• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US Democracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Democracy

WTF

Last edited by Paddy; 7 September 2012, 08:32.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

I was quite surprised to find that Jerusalem isn't considered the capital of Israel. I would have thought such decisions were to be entirely left to the choice of the country itself.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

A country can place it's capital wherever it wants - however, if every other country in the world refuses to acknowledge this - and base their embassies somewhere else...

Comment

WTF indeed - That link just goes to a boring main page

Jeez, I know some news sites don't keep articles for long, but gone in a matter of hours?!

(Then again mistakes are made, like a BBC online news article last week that described female Egyptian newscasters starting to wear headscarfs as a "breakthrough". It vanished without a trace in a couple of hours.)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          WTF indeed - That link just goes to a boring main page

Jeez, I know some news sites don't keep articles for long, but gone in a matter of hours?!

(Then again mistakes are made, like a BBC online news article last week that described female Egyptian newscasters starting to wear headscarfs as a "breakthrough". It vanished without a trace in a couple of hours.)
          The point was made in the video. There was no two thirds majority on the vote even though it was done three times.

Regarding Jerusalem, it is part of the occupied territories therefore the UN does not recognize it as the capital hence, foreign embassies are located in Tel Aviv
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
          X