• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lotus Notes v 8.5.3 is now available, please upgrade

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotus Notes v 8.5.3 is now available, please upgrade

Just popped into my work inbox

Why do companies continue to insist on working with this pile of poo?

If ever there was a piece of software whose death is long overdue I can think of no better nomination than Notes
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Just popped into my work inbox

Why do companies continue to insist on working with this pile of poo?

If ever there was a piece of software whose death is long overdue I can think of no better nomination than Notes
    I think that question applies to an awful lot of software and particularly the big consultancies, and if I could answer it I'd be stinking rich.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

v7.0.1 at current client
      Gronda Gronda

Comment

I have a theory that is close to becoming a law that any company that uses lotus notes is in general technologically inferior to a relative company that uses outlook.

When you have your core communication application at that level it sets a level of expectation on everything else.

Comment

Are Lloyds/TSB still using Notes?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Agree awful product, have had to get used to at current client.

Comment

Bloody hell - I thought it was obsolete a long time ago!!

Wasn't there a lotus spreadsheet thingy one time too?
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

lotus 123

Comment

I miss Lotus, from an admin side Domino was much better than exchange, just alas more people were used to using Outlook than Notes
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Notes does a lot more than email...

ClientCo uses Notes and I'll agree that for email it's poo. But for all the other stuff they do with it, it's quite handy and that makes it much more difficult to migrate away from.

So I suspect that Notes won't be sunset any time soon.

By the way, as for the Lotus spreadsheet, that stuff is all free now, and I'm told is a darned good implementation of Open Office. Google for Lotus Symphony. I believe it runs on Mac, Windows and Linux.

Comment

Working...
                    X