• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shadefreude

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadefreude

Shades of freud.

I dont mean to be cruel and heartless and evil. But I nearly peed myself laughing last night.

We have this next door neighbour right. She is a cyber bitch from hell, with a pursed up mouth like a cats bum. Her lawn is pristine, she brushes it three times a day with a yard brush. She's always moaning about our 'butterfly sanctuary' garden, and always offering me advice on how to trim my trees back etc.
    Plus she stoolied on me when our alarm went off when we were on hols.

Anyways, about six months ago, the neighbour on the other side had a lorry load of bricks delivered, and since then, the street has been like a builders yard. her lawn was a mess, her flower bed got a bit of trampling and she was out six times a day with her brush. Last week the house renovation/conservatory was finished and everything went back to normal.

last night a lorry turned up, and delivered a pile of bricks to the house opposite her

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I love it when that happens.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Not heard that one. Does it mean she dobbed you in, or she didn't tell you it had gone off?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Schadenfreude
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Not heard that one. Does it mean she dobbed you in, or she didn't tell you it had gone off?
          dobbed me in yes.

fair do's, but she tried to blame someone else.
          I took her a bottle of wine as an apology for the disturbance, and she said, 'look, about your trees, would you mind cutting them all down'

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I thought he meant she'd done a sly crap on his front lawn!
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              I thought he meant she'd done a sly crap on his front lawn!
              jeez. have youse guys never heard of a stool-pigeon ? jimmy cagney ?
              aw ...fergerrit

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

jeez. have youse guys never heard of a stool-pigeon ? jimmy cagney ?
                aw ...fergerrit
                You swine!! now I've got Kid Creole & The Coconuts looping in my head

There's a gentleman that's going 'round Turnin' the joint upside-down
                Stool Pigeon, ha tja tja tja
                He's an old ex-con that's been away dah dee.. something something Stool Pigeon
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Shades of freud.

I dont mean to be cruel and heartless and evil. But I nearly peed myself laughing last night.

We have this next door neighbour right. She is a cyber bitch from hell, with a pursed up mouth like a cats bum. Her lawn is pristine, she brushes it three times a day with a yard brush. She's always moaning about our 'butterfly sanctuary' garden, and always offering me advice on how to trim my trees back etc.

Anyways, about six months ago, the neighbour on the other side had a lorry load of bricks delivered, and since then, the street has been like a builders yard. her lawn was a mess, her flower bed got a bit of trampling and she was out six times a day with her brush. Last week the house renovation/conservatory was finished and everything went back to normal.

last night a lorry turned up, and delivered a pile of bricks to the house opposite her

I love stories like this.

Similar thing happened down our road a few years ago. There was retired snobby couple who's garden was their pride and joy. As children we called it the "garden of no returns", if your ball went in it never came out!

Well anyway the house next door to them was having their driveway block paved and they had ordered a couple of those ton sand bags and advised the company who delivered them to leave them on the front garden so they could take up the old drive and start work.

I'm sure you can imagine what happened........... The hapless delivery man proceed to put the 2 rather large sand bags in the garden of no return and drive off! Obviously due to the weight these couldn't simply be moved in a hurry and to cut a long story short completely ruined the garden and the relationship between the 2 neighbours.

Best part was that quite a few of the neighbours saw the whole episode unfold but decided to allow the workman to carry on dumping the sand. Ahhhh the joy of good neighbours. On the plus side the block paved drive looked great with an immaculate lawn to match.

Comment

EO, having 2 neighbours who don't keep in trim, mainly because they can't be bothered, parts of my garden are very dark or windows overgrown. I end up trimming their trees for them

Now if your trees are all 10ft and don't impinge on your neighbours light then good on you , if they aren't be a good neighbour and trim them please!

agree with the story though classic!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X