• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't be a quitter.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be a quitter.

I mean do be a quitter.

Anyone going for Stoptober?

Good idea I think - easier to give up if the country is behind you!

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I mean do be a quitter.

Are the looks of scorn non smokers give you not enough, or the slight recoil when we catch a whiff of your breath?

Comment

I will take up smoking so I can join you, I'm in!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hopefully police forces have been warned to expect a spike in violent crime and disorder.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I mean do be a quitter.

Good luck, nothing makes it easier though

It's great once you know you're quit for good tho, best thing I ever did.

Try Joel's videos on WhyQuit - the Internet's leading cold turkey quit smoking resource too.

Final piece of preachy advice ! I reckon NRT is a scam don't buy into it (unless there's lots of people who come on here and say it worked for them, and they've not smoked or taken nicotine for at least a year).

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
            Final piece of preachy advice ! I reckon NRT is a scam don't buy into it (unless there's lots of people who come on here and say it worked for them, and they've not smoked or taken nicotine for at least a year).
            Worked for me - not smoked for 18 months now and it's been 12 months since my last nicorette mint!
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Cold Turkey for me. My stats are:

You've now been a non-smoker for:
              0 years, 3 months, 20 days, 6 hours & 0 minutes
              In that time you've saved over £441.00
              You've avoided smoking over 1323 cigarettes.
              You've extended your life by over 6.43 days.

Since you've quit smoking:
              After 20 minutes, your blood pressure drops back to normal
              In 8 hours, the carbon monoxide levels in your bloodstream drop by half, and oxygen levels return to normal
              In 48 hours, your change of having a heart attack decreases. All nicotine has left your system. You sense of taste and smell return to a normal level
              In 72 hours, your bronchial tubes relax and your energy levels increase
              In 2 weeks, your circulation increases and continues to improve for the next 10 weeks
              In 2 month coughs, wheezing and breathing problems dissipate as your lung capacity improves by 10%

Comment

I may have given the incorrect impression that I am a smoker wishing to quit.

Au contraire Rodney, I'm one of those annoying holier than thou ex-smokers

Just wondered if anyone was going for it, or if the smokers are all of the "I'll stop when I want to, not when the government tell me to" brigade.

Comment

I mean do be a quitter.

Good old nhs

just click on the join button below
                  And there's no join button

So stressed out I need a fag
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Good old nhs

And there's no join button

So stressed out I need a fag
                    This should be perfect for you suity, no one person on here say's quitter like you do
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X