• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Justice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Justice

"The only crime I have committed is being Asian and having a long beard"

Brothers Mohammed Abdul Kahar and Abul Koyair, London-born but of Bangladeshi origin, were arrested on 2 June in a raid by the Metropolitan Police's anti-terrorist squad.

During the 0400 BST raid Mr Kahar was shot in the chest - the bullet missed his heart - by a police officer.

The raid was triggered by a tip-off suggesting some sort of chemical bomb was hidden inside Lansdowne Road in Forest Gate, but nothing was found.

The brothers, both sporting the beard - without moustache - popular among many Bengali Muslims, were clearly aggrieved at the way they had been treated.

Despite anger over their treatment they refused to be drawn on whether the Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Sir Ian Blair should resign.

They did say they wanted those who ordered the raid to face justice

This is a scaled down version of Iraq. People called Blair must be born incompetent.

By the way, until the raid one of the brothers (the one who wasn't shot) was applying to join the police. He has since withdrawn his application.

Comment

Why would he withdraw his application to join the Police? Can't have been too enthusiastic about the job in the first place.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        Why would he withdraw his application to join the Police? Can't have been too enthusiastic about the job in the first place.
        yeah, I went for an interview once for a contract in Birmingham. Just before the interview started an HR representative shot me twice in the head then stuck a hand grenade into my trousers. Once my tackle had been blown off they gassed me with nerve agent then pulled three of my teeth out with pliers.

Luckily my enthusiasm was so high that it didnt put me off the job.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What was the rate?
          We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
            What was the rate?
            Well they couldnt actually afford to pay me, but my enthusiasm was so high that I paid them three pounds per hour plus expenses

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Well there are 2 sides to every story. Here are some of the facts of the story:
              a)these men were asians with beards
              b)they wore dodgy clothes
              c)one of them had a book on planes
              d)his brother bought some fertiliser a while back

Come on people these pakis were terrorists they deserved to go down. Except the fat one with the lazy eye, he was all cute and cuddly.

Comment

Working...
              X