• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are all rich people wealth creators?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are all rich people wealth creators?

*PIC AND PUBLISH* Toires: champion the wealth creators - Telegraph

I am all in favour of championing entrepreneurs who create jobs. But I would love to tax the feckless rich who have got the money by doing nothing or, worse, disadvantaged others in the acquisition of their wealth.

Is you really want to help entrepreneurs then how about tax breaks? And removal of red tape.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    *PIC AND PUBLISH* Toires: champion the wealth creators - Telegraph

I am all in favour of championing entrepreneurs who create jobs. But I would love to tax the feckless rich who have got the money by doing nothing or, worse, disadvantaged others in the acquisition of their wealth.

Is you really want to help entrepreneurs then how about tax breaks? And removal of red tape.
    Why bother? If they're feckless they'll soon redistribute their wealth anyway.

clogs to clogs in three generations
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Indeed watch the McCartneys or the Lennons I have a feeling that the next generation won´t be so wealthy.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I agree.

This is why they should eliminate income tax and have a form consumption tax instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          I agree.

This is why they should eliminate income tax and have a form consumption tax instead.
          Mrs Thatcher tried to start that off - but it's not much fun if you don't earn much as you're still paying a heap o'tax proportionately on stuff you have to buy, like utilities.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            A retired history prof I used to know studied that theory, and came up with some concrete examples.

The son and grandson getting the idea of gentrifying themselves instead of running the business had a lot to do with it.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Mrs Thatcher tried to start that off - but it's not much fun if you don't earn much as you're still paying a heap o'tax proportionately on stuff you have to buy, like utilities.
              True.

I'm dead set on the land value tax now. Which i guess is a wealth tax really and not consumption tax (though you could argue you consume the land).

Comment

Some people are so poor all they have is money.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

How about no tax?

Just tried to explain about the telly tax to a Mallorcan. He just laughed his head off.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

How about we accept that enough tax is already too much and start to stop the state from administrating loads of stuff that has no effect on the country other than building civil service empires?

Seriously even if I was a fifth generation blue blood and I did nothing apart from party and drive expensive cars all day at least the state gets 30k in vat Plus petrol every time a new toy gets bought... Not to mention several thousand pounds in beer & wine taxation....

The idea that for some reason the state deserves to take and redistribute cash just because the owners have more of it than the other 99% is pants.

At the fathest end of the view point, we have too many people on the planet, so why shouldn't a large number of them starve if they can't fend for themselves?

Comment

Working...
                    X