• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Copenhagen Tourist Info

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copenhagen Tourist Info

Threaded: In a previous thread, you mentioned the viking place where Jake can attempt to stab his mother with a wooden sword:
    Originally posted by threaded
    And that reminds me. You can also take the train to Roskilde and then a long walk down to Vikingskibsmuseet kids love that they can get all dressed up like what they think Vikings dressed like (although IMHO I think they dressed better) make things, stab and chop each others fingers off, that kind of thing. There are regular guided tours in Danish, English and German and the tour guides really know their stuff.
    Well, Jakes Mummy is well up for this. Had a look at some maps and good ol' Google Earth, and RosKilde looks quite a long way out of CPH - about 25 miles west ??
    Are the trains pretty straightforward ? Presumably we make our way to CPH Central, then get a train from there ?
    And the other bit - the "long walk down to Vikingskibsmuseet". How long is this walk ? I only ask as Jakes Mummy uses crutches to walk, so anything longer than say half a mile for her will be an issue. Take a taxi ?

We are going this weekend - Fri thru Monday. Our intinery is pretty much sorted with the exception of this for Sunday (I would rather do the zoo or the experimentarium at Hellerup - but JM quite rightly says we can go to a zoo or science museum anytime in the UK)

Cheers
    JD in "johney foreigner tourist" mode.

Not wooden, the swords are real steel, and the knives are seriously sharp.

A train from Copenhagen to Roskilde is about every half hour and takes about 20 minutes. You'd be best off getting a taxi at Roskilde to Vikingskibsmuseet as it is quite a hike and very steep in places as Roskilde train station is right at the top of the cliff that leads to the fjord and the museum is right down by the side of the water. Bit of a Marina there as well, with a couple of restaurants, ice cream places etc.

Lots of other stuff in Roskilde as well. My favourite restaurant is the Rib Hus which is just off the main market street, just a short walk from the station. And there is Roskilde Cathedral which is relatively close to the train station as well. It is where all the kings and queens of Denmark are buried (except the earliest one and my pet theory is that he's buried under the Rib Hus).
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

My favourite restaurant is the Rib Hus
      Do they do pies?
      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
        Do they do pies?
        How did you guess?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
        X