• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got to be worth an Oh Dear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to be worth an Oh Dear

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5078652.stm

The number of people out of work in the UK has increased yet again, Office for National Statistics figures have shown.
    The jobless total rose by 77,000 to 1.61 million from February to April, lifting the unemployment rate to 5.3%.

Manufacturing continued to suffer, with the number of jobs in the sector down by 116,000 during the quarter compared with the same time last year.

The number of people out of work and claiming unemployment benefit increased by 5,800 in May to 950,900.

Yet, NL tell us that "more people are in work than ever before".
    WTF is going on?
    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Dooooooooooooooooooomed...
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
        Yet, NL tell us that "more people are in work than ever before".
        WTF is going on?
        Simple, due to the large recent influx of people from Eastern Europe (350,000+) and FTV's etc etc.

Whether this is causing the 77000+ increase in number unemployed is not clear. But Governor of Bank of England & Gordo openly admit it's restricting wage growth in private sector (and possibly contract rates?!?) to around or below the level of inflation. At least someones happy with the sitauation, the rest just slowly see their wages & living standards drop!
        Dooomed i tell yer!!!

Comment

More hard working people are in work as compared to the average adjusted rate of employment for workshy working people,relative to the overall unemployment rate downwardly adjusted.

Simple really.
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 14 June 2006, 10:50.

Comment

I can't help feeling a little guilty being one of many Aussies working in London, taking jobs from English people.

Comment

No worries mate (as I believe you aussies say)

Originally posted by Joe Black.
              I can't help feeling a little guilty being one of many Aussies working in London, taking jobs from English people.
              Most of us wouldn't choose barwork anyway.
              Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                oooh you little bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge

They're bred for it dontchaknow. It's Instinct, Iiiiiiiiiiiiinstict!
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                    They're bred for it dontchaknow. It's Instinct, Iiiiiiiiiiiiinstict!
                    Except we tend to drink the profits. I don't think the Brit pub owners have quite cottened onto that yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X