• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eat too much get fat and Alzheim.. Do I know you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eat too much get fat and Alzheim.. Do I know you?

Alzheimer's could be the most catastrophic impact of junk food | George Monbiot | Comment is free | The Guardian

Don't know where the link to junk food came in, but it appears eating the wrong type of food could be the cause of Alheimers.

Unfounded medical opinions please...
    Signed sealed and delivered.

"When you raise the subject of over-eating and obesity, you often see people at their worst. The comment threads discussing these issues reveal a legion of bullies who appear to delight in other people's problems."

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
      Alzheimer's could be the most catastrophic impact of junk food | George Monbiot | Comment is free | The Guardian

Don't know where the link to junk food came in, but it appears eating the wrong type of food could be the cause of Alheimers.

Unfounded medical opinions please...
      And by that, I meant old Geeoge seems to think the only people who get fat from eating too much junk food are poor people. I thought it was super wealthy contractors who have no time to cook their own food who binge on cholocate, crisps and coffee as we can afford it. Maybe we should donate our brains after death, on the understanding any royalites from anything dicovered into them go towards a ressurection fund.
      Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

In New Scientist last week, there was a report which suggests that Alzheimers is in fact a third type of diabetes. I.e. it's caused by too much sugar.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          In New Scientist last week, there was a report which suggests that Alzheimers is in fact a third type of diabetes. I.e. it's caused by too much sugar.
          That would fit with the junk food....ah interesting.

so cut down on sweet cr*p.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

The link to that New Scientist article was in fact a central part of Monbiot's article. It was the essence of what he was writing about.

And if you think that's me chiding people who rushed to comment without reading first, well, there's no way I can sugar that pill.
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Does this mean I can keep drinking like a fish as long as I give up the kebabs & fried chicken?
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Does this mean I can keep drinking like a fish as long as I give up the kebabs & fried chicken?
                Pay attention there. It's about sugar, and possibly other carbohydrates. Where are they in kebabs and fried chicken?
                Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                  Pay attention there. It's about sugar, and possibly other carbohydrates. Where are they in kebabs and fried chicken?
                  You mean I can keep drinking like a fish and still have a kebab? That's the sort of news I like.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH TYPE 1 Diabetes is not caused by to much sugar

I wish they would change the name for type 1 it realy winds me up when people assume their all the same thing

Type 1 is caused by the pancreas packing in, nothing to do with sugar
                    Type 2 is fat peoples diabetes caused by lifestyle choices mostly fatty sugary food intake wich is were they get the idea of a type 3 causing alzheimers
                    Last edited by Support Monkey; 11 September 2012, 14:37.

Comment

Working...
                    X