• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has dodgy bought his yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has dodgy bought his yet?

BBC News - Anger at Thatcher death T-shirts on sale at TUC

Maybe a plan B for someone to sell t-shirts saying how wonderful she was?

I am one of Thatcher's fans. But I understand she was very divisive - and for that reason should not get a state funeral.

He wants a free market doesn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      But I understand she was very divisive - and for that reason should not get a state funeral.
      Maybe she should get a state funeral because she was so divisive. Then everyone can get together in the spirit of peace and forgiveness. Or fight it out once and for all.
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

She was great for the South East, but I genuinely believe she couldn't care less about the riff raff who live anywhere outside of the cities influence.

Comment

I am one of Thatcher's fans. But I understand she was very divisive - and for that reason should not get a state funeral.
          What pleases me is that the parasites who were killing the economy and sponging off everyone else are so bitter.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
            She was great for the South East, but I genuinely believe she couldn't care less about the riff raff who live anywhere outside of the cities influence.
            She was from Grantham which is hardly the centre of yuppie land
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Is it correct that they're going to fit a urinal on her headstone for reasons of public hygiene?

Speaking as a parasite, I was extremely glad to see the back of the old witch.
              She made you rich

Comment

Doesn't matter where she's from ; she clearly only cared for the capital.

I was studying economics at the time that she resigned , and I remember our teacher saying how good a time to be an observing economist it was.

Thatcherism stands for short term profit for a select number at the cost of long term employment stability.
                I believe that Dave and Co have the same agenda now, I'm not sure it works - I reckon society is worse now than it was in the 80's.

The papers released show how her economic advisors thought. (e.g the way that northern cities were left to rot, as they would leech resources that would better be utilised encouraging economic growth in London).

For better or worse, she'd be the first to ban this shirt, then moan about government intervention in markets.

As per you, DA, she also believes that its acceptable to let regions fail , as they aren't competitive enough.

I bet if you grew up in my region, you'd hold the same views as me, but you don't and I guess you are young; so that's fine too.

A positive about her, was that some of the Unions were an embarrassment and at least she tried to deal with them, but moderation certainly wasn't her watchword and unfortunately we lost a lot of long term employment, which we've had to pay for by law enforcement, escalating healthcare costs etc.
                Last edited by Scoobos; 11 September 2012, 15:53.

Comment

At least not until she's dead
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    At least not until she's dead
                    Oh I don't know.
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X