• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Desk sitters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desk sitters

What is the issue with people who sit on your desk when they want to talk to you? Arse on your schema diagrams is one way to piss a man off.

I have an incoming, I know he is going to do it.

Suity

The people that get me are the ones that walk around the office with a headset whilst on the phone talking loudly.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

If its the right person then I don't mind

Unfortunately there is a definite lack of 21 year old attractive girls working in corporate IT
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        What is the issue with people who sit on your desk when they want to talk to you? Arse on your schema diagrams is one way to piss a man off.

I have an incoming, I know he is going to do it.
        If it's a young + attractive lady, she can sit anywhere she wants on/around me
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

The people that get me are the ones that insist on skyping me when they are sat 10 metres away and want to have a flipping conversation that necessitates typing half a book. Get off your arse and walk over to me then you lazy fqwit! I realise they often want the audit trail of what I have written in a skype conversation but ffs, if that's the case send me an email and I'll respond formally when it's more convenient for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            The people that get me are the ones that walk around the office with a headset whilst on the phone talking loudly.
            Got loads of those at the office in London. Then again it is the telesales hub.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              It's not just that, it's that the fact of being on the phone dispenses with any need to watch where they're walking.

As for desk sitters, the French sit on your desk to talk to the person next to you. Optionally tilting your monitor (while you're working on it) so that they can balance their paperwork on it while they talk to them.
              Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Permit me to suggest a solution;

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Got loads of those at the office in London. Then again it is the telesales hub.
                  On a serious note.

You have a telesales hub in London? Just a thought but, isn't that an expensive way to do things?

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
                    The people that get me are the ones that insist on skyping me when they are sat 10 metres away and want to have a flipping conversation that necessitates typing half a book. Get off your arse and walk over to me then you lazy fqwit! I realise they often want the audit trail of what I have written in a skype conversation but ffs, if that's the case send me an email and I'll respond formally when it's more convenient for me.
                    there is an easy way to fix that.

Don't respond, or don't use messenger.

Comment

Working...
                    X